Baskets and other Special Orders: Contact Doug first.
Here is a picture of some of the styles of baskets I make and sell. They are usually made of tulip poplar bark and laced with strips of hickory bark, and they have an inner rim splint made from oak or ash. Counter-clockwise from the lower left :
- Two backpacks (with nylon adjustable backpack straps) 19” high x 16” wide at the top, and 17‘’ x 13” wide – around $200
- Flat bottomed hamper 14” high x 16” wide – $125
- Larger gathering basket 13” tall x 10” – $75
- Large berry basket 10” x 8” wide – $65
- 3 small berry baskets around 8” tall x 5” or 6” wide – $60
Sometimes I have a few smaller baskets and some without inner rims that are less expensive. There are many others in process. All the baskets are rugged, functional, and beautiful. Some are simply well-crafted baskets with average looking bark, while others are more like works of art with particularly beautiful bark, extra lacing, ornamentation, and knot holes in just the right place (like those two backpacks) and they’re priced accordingly.
Please contact Doug for basket, honey, International or other special orders. We’ll give you PayPal address to proceed.